Recommended Reading List
* Paly does not endorse any of the following organizations but is sharing this information as a service to our families.
- College Admission: from Application to Acceptance (Mamlet & Valdevelde)
- Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be (Bruni)
- Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions (Selingo)
- The Truth About College Admission: A Family Guide to Getting In and Staying Together (Barnard)
- The College Conversation: A Practical Companion for Parents to Guide Their Children Along the Path to Higher Education (Furda & Steinberg)
- College Unranked (Thacker)
- The College Solution (O'Shaughnessy)
- Colleges That Change Lives (Pope)
- The Fiske Guide to College (Fiske)
- The College Finder (Antonoff)
- College Essay Essentials (Sawyer)
- The Naked Roommate (Cohen)
Also, explore the following
- DIY College Rankings (check out their 50-50 lists!)
- The College Solution (about paying for college)
- Getting In Your College Admissions Companion
- Get Schooled
- College Essay Guy (podcast features many more topics than just essay advice)
- Inside the Admissions Office
- College Admissions Decoded
- Your College-Bound Kid
Alternatives to Rankings
- National Survey of Student Engagement - Information from hundreds of four-year colleges and universities nationwide about student participation in programs and activities that institutions provide for their learning and personal development.
- What Will They Learn - "Exploring the state of general education, those courses designed to give college students a firm grounding in the areas of knowledge they will use for a lifetime."
- The Outcomes Survey - "Provides rich insights on how recent grads fare immediately after commencement and at three, six and 12 months after finishing their studies at specific schools."